Donate

Monday, August 12, 2013

Open Hands and Open Heart


This is the posture we have to be in if we want Jesus to take over our lives so we can walk in the fulness of His destiny for us. Everything is all about Him. We are just the vessels He chooses to use to release His love here on earth. 

I have been back in Tete for 3 months now. These 3 months have flown by way faster than the 3 months I spent when I was serving here before. I’ve been amazed at how Papa has been able to use me here in releasing His love. Every morning Ms Linda and I  go to the street where our Shekinah boys are and have breakfast with them in the little barracca (shed) where they sleep. Jesus released portuguese to me just enough to be able to communicate with them and lead short bible studies every morning. Just to paint the scene for you a little bit, they sleep in a very small empty brick building that sits right next to a shop that sells alcohol and plays music all the time and another shop that fixes motorbikes. As you can imagine, its pretty noisy and distracting and hard to pay attention to a bible study. There’s always a constant stream of people passing by and several stop to ask who we are and what we are doing and why we are two white girls giving these “street boys” food and having church.

Most every morning there is something going on with our boys that we have to deal with when we get there. Either someone stole something and they’re in trouble with the police, or they are simply fighting with each other like brothers do, or they are too lazy to clean up their barracca, or one of them is sick, so on and so on... There’s never a dull moment with these boys. The other morning we pulled up in Ms Linda’s car and Tandai came running up to the car and said “Tia Brooke is here, she can help us now!” In that moment I had no idea what was going on but I loved the fact that they know that I will stand up for them and help them with anything they need. Turns out, some guy stole one of our boys’, Evilisto, belt and Evilisto was upset and trying to get his belt back from this guy and they were about to fight, until I got there and stepped in between them and told the other guy to leave with the belt and I bought my boy a new belt. Little things like this happen every day here and we always have to ask Jesus how to love them and show them that we care. 

The Shekinah home is being built at a fast pace right now and hopefully will be done within the next few months. It’s so exciting going out to see the land now and seeing the vision turn into reality. 

My heart is here for this season and I love being able to serve my God in this way. I’m excited for whatever He has next for me and I’m enjoying every step in the journey. I choose to keep my hands and heart open so that He can use me in whatever way He chooses no matter where I am in the world! 


No comments:

Post a Comment