Donate

Thursday, August 16, 2012

New Beginnings

Tonight is the last night that my whole family will be in one house for a very long time. Tomorrow starts a new chapter in my big brother, Brad's life. We are moving him down to college in Florida. Then I leave at the end of September for Mozambique. 

So many changes are happening in this families life. All for the better, of course, but change is change.  

Anyone who knows about all that Brad has been through this year, knows what a big deal it is that he's moving away. I can't even express how proud I am of him for wanting to finish school and start a new chapter in his life. Yes, I'm going to miss him like crazy but I know without a doubt this is what God has for him for this season. He has come so far in such a short amount of time. He's a living miracle! 

After we move brad into school, we will be taking our last family vacation until I get back from Africa. Theme parks, water parks, the beach.... All in the Florida sunshine:)  can't wait to have this quality time with them before I leave. 

Also, tonight I went to my friend Brittney's house who just got back from harvest school, to hear stories and get advice on what I should and shouldn't do when I go to harvest school. It was so good to see her again and to hear all about what god did in her and how she's stepping into her new destiny. It made me so much more excited to go and see what god is going to do in me.

This is all so new to me. Dealing with plane tickets, visas, raising support, leaving family, and all the other tiny details that have to be worked out. But in this whole time of preparation, God has created new friendships, taught me how to rest in Him and feel peace and let go of myself. 

I still have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but I don't have to. I just have to trust Him with the details and Believe that He will work everything out. I'm so excited for these next few weeks of preparation and rest, and then finally being back in Mozambique! 

God has been doing so much in me lately and teaching me a lot. I feel like I'm ready to step into this new season and new chapter. While its all still pretty scary and nerve racking, I'm super excited to see what all God has in store. 



No comments:

Post a Comment